Sunday, September 30, 2012

Long time no see!

Wow band geeks of the world! It's been a really long time since I heard and well talked to ya'll! Surprisingly enough, I've been overly busy with homework and well Marching season. As you all know from my previous post, I moved back to Nebraska and honestly I did really miss it out here. But I bet you, that you guys want to hear some things about the band out in Nebraska, so here I go.

This is my schedule for a typical marching band/ school week.
Monday:
-start early morning rehearsal at 7:30
-school till 3:15
-pit sectional from 6:30-9:30
Tuesday:
-a possible early morning rehearsal 6:30am-whenever second block starts
-school till 3:15
-trumpet sectional 3:30-4:30
Wednesday:
-early morning rehearsal 6:30am-whenever second block starts
-school
-trumpet sectional 3:30-4:30 (or 5:00)
Thursday:
-early morning rehearsal if there is a game the next day 7:00am
-school
-late night rehearsal 6:30-9:45 or 10
Friday:
-early morning rehearsal 6:30-whenever second block starts
-school
-load the truck after school (pit&battery instruments)
-be at the stadium at 5:00pm to unload the truck
-football game at 7:00-9:30 or 10
-get back to the school and turn in uniforms and unload the truck again
Saturday:
-competition day!!!!!
Sunday:
-Sleep in, it's your only day off!

So you see, I am in an extremely busy part of my life at the moment. Oh and I almost forgot to tell you how well I was doing on my "Crab Rack" (pit instrument). I learned the music in two weeks and I feel pretty confident in it. Plus, I've now been dubbed the official "Master of the triangle"! Ha ha, that's what I get for having a triangle solo. Also another thing for you guys, I found my show on YouTube, and I'm going to share it with ya'll!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRDGFtOLQfw
(you'll see me walk off at the end of the clarinet solo from the pit area just around the 50 to my "marching spot").

And for all of my friends still in Washington, I would just like to say. I'm deeply sorry for you not being able to perform this previous week at Leavenworth. For those of you that don't know whats going on at the moment in Southern Washington, I have a picture for you to see.
If you can look closely, the first picture was taken on September 1st (all in the same spot). The next was taken September 22nd. The third was taken September 25th. And the last one was taken September 27. All that haziness is caused from all the wild fires occurring in Southern Washington at the moment. My old band members were told, that because of the fires and all the smoke everywhere that District office said they were not allowed to perform at their next competition. So wish them luck, because all of those band geeks are eager to perform their amazing show.

PLAY ON MUSIC LOVERS!
~Band Geek

No comments:

Post a Comment