Wednesday, October 17, 2012

State!

Hey guys! Oh my gosh, I'm really sorry for not being on here and talking to ya'll! Gah, just have to love band right? Well, I guess you do if you read these blogs. Ha ha! But anyway I thought I would go through what my band has won so far.
Wildcat Classic: Exhibition performance (score of 75.9)
Bellevue East Competition: 1st place, Superior rating, Best Color Guard, Best GE, Best Overall Performance, Best Music, Best Drum Majors (score of 84.3)
Columbus Competition: 1st place, Superior rating, Best Color Guard, Best Overall Performance, Best Music, Best GE (score of 96.6....we think they scored us too high!)
Sioux City Festival of Bands: 4th place, Superior rating, Best Drum Majors (score of 86.7)
OMI: 1st place, Superior rating, Best Overall Performance, Best Music, Best GE (score of 88.9)
NSBA: Will occur this Saturday at Buell Field.

As you can see overall this seasons competition ratings I think we have done a great job...don't you? Why don't you guys write in the comments below on how you think/or how you did at your competitions this season! We would all love to know! Also just to get this straight, during the Sioux City Festival of Bands competition...the only reason we got fourth from what we know is because we were going up against some of the hardest bands in the Mid-West. And trust me, the Mid-West has the highest standards of these Marching Bands. But still I think we did a great job at the competition, but the best part was the four hour bus ride there and us singing to Mulans "I'll make a man out of you". Ha ha! We have oh so much fun! Again let us band geeks know on what you guys do on the long bus rides to your competition, are they crazy, silent (I dearly hope not!), like a chorous, or do you guys sing your show? Let me know in the comments below!

And as always,
KEEP ON PLAYING MUSIC LOVERS!
~Band Geek

P.S here's a picture of our awards so far.... there are 21 in total (plaques and trophies)

No comments:

Post a Comment